Full coverage of ICC Champions Trophy 2017 with live scores, latest news, pictures, videos, Schedule, Fixtures and Results and Ball by ball commentary. The ICC Champions Trophy is an elite event for the top eight nations in the Reliance ICC ODI Rankings.
- India end 22-year series drought in Sri Lanka
- Pakistan cricket fixing trio start long road to redemption
- Faulkner stars as Lancashire win T20 final
- Bowlers’ day out opens up India-Sri Lanka Test
- Rain washes out play in Colombo after Sri Lanka rattle India
- Pakistan announce Twenty20 league in Qatar next year
Champions Trophy News
- Indian Test captain Virat Kohli celebrates victory
- AB de Villiers, Danilelle de Villiers with their New Born Baby Boy!
- Top 10 Pictures of Cricket World Cup Final Match Australia vs New Zealand on 29th March 2015
- Wahab Riaz vs Shane Watson in Cricket World Cup
- Pakistan players perform Friday/Jumma in Adelaide mosque
Tournament Overview: ICC Champions Trophy 2017ICC all set to hold Champions Trophy in 2017 scrapping the idea of Test Championship as confirmed before.
The ICC Champions Trophy is an elite and one of the most awaited tournaments comprising of the top eight nations in the Reliance ICC ODI Rankings. The tournament is being held after every four years. Even though ICC decided to replace the Champions Trophy with Test Championship after the 2013 tournament, it was reverted back by the board committee confirming the 2017 Champions Trophy to be played as usual. The Champions Trophy 2017 will be held in England and will see top 8 teams come together once again and play for the ultimate glory over a period of 2 weeks.
As per current ICC Rankings, the teams that will participate in the 2017 edition of Champions Trophy are Australia, India, New Zealand, South Africa, Sri Lanka, England, Bangladesh, and Pakistan. Bangladesh replaces West Indies while there is still no place for the associate teams in this year Champions Trophy edition.
The current format is that the teams play a round robin tournament to enter the final knock out stages and then the winner is decided. Over the history of the tournament Australia and India have been the most successful teams as they have won the titles 2 times each. Winners of the competition include South Africa (1998), New Zealand (2000), Sri Lanka (2002), who were joint winners after the final was washed-out, West Indies (2004), Australia (2006 and 2009) and India (2002 and 2013).
While final and detailed fixtures of Champions Trophy have not been announced by ICC, it is confirmed that the tournament will be 2-week long which is scheduled to be played from 1st June 2017 till 19th of June.
See the updated Champions Trophy schedule 2017.
Cricket.com.pk offers live scores, latest news, squads and players info and fixtures details of the ICC Champions Trophy 2017. Stay tuned for more updates.